Bored. Over it. Tired.
Just a few words that could come to mind when you are in a workout rut. Here are a few tips that can help get you back to smiling after your workouts and looking forward to the next one!
1. NO MORE EXCUSES! Everyone is busy, everyone is stressed, everyone has "no time". You aren't alone! But you determine your health and goals! Commit to yourself you will stay with a program!
2. Mark on your calendar when your workouts will be. If its set on your calendar you are more likely to stick to it!
3. Make it a HABIT! It only takes 2 weeks of doing repeatedly to make it a habit. 2 weeks!
4. Try something new! I always mix up my workouts as often as I can. I know that I get bored after a while once it isn't challenging enough. Once I knew I was able to run a half marathon I was over it! So I'm switching it up and starting P90X! I also do vinyasa yoga on weekends!
5. Join a group! Its a proven and simple formula when working out with a friend or group to commit to a fitness program you will get the BEST RESULTS!
6. Make a goal for yourself! It could be anything! Mine is I want to have more muscle on me! Not so much weigh less but I do want more muscle. Once i realized my goal, i had to find out the best way for ME to get there!
7. No equipment needed. You don't have to join a pricey gym to be successful! You can workout in the comfort of your own home, on your own time! There are tons of great exercise routines that don't require equipment.
8. Wear cute clothes! I am obsessed with workout clothes! I love the bright colors and fun prints! Whenever I am feeling that my workouts are getting hard, I treat myself to a new pair of shorts or a cute new top! And these purchases don't have to be expensive! I love TJMaxx and Forever 21 work out clothes!
9. Have fun! No matter what you choose, if you don't enjoy it, it won't last. You have to find what works for you and makes you happy. Try lots of different things! Groupon and Livingsocial always has great deals! Try kickboxing, yoga, P90X, Crossfit.. whatever seems interesting to you!
10. Change of scenery. Get outside! Workout at a friends house! Those white walls of a gym can get dreary!
You determine your own success! Whatever you do, you're doing something! That's more than someone just sitting on a couch!
What are some of your favorite workout regimens??